Hi, I've been working on adding unicode information to KDE's character selector. This includes character names, related characters and category information. The idea was to create something more or less like gucharmap (see http://live.gnome.org/Gucharmap). I've been thinking about how to integrate this features in the character selector, which includes the standalone app KCharSelect as well as the widget used by other apps such as Konversation. IMHO the current state of the character selector is quite unusable. You can select a font and one of 255 tables, which contain 255 characters each. Unless you know the exact table number it's quite hard to find the character you are looking for. And how many of you know that the infinity sign is in table 34? ;) I've created a mockup how the character selector could look like. The concept is to have a left area where you can select a script, a block or perform a search. The script, block or search result is shown in the table on the right. Additionally, some useful information can be displayed for the selected character. http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/8268/kcharselectmockup1rs8.png http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2340/kcharselectmockup2td8.png http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1921/kcharselectmockup3lh4.png However, I don't have any experience with usability, so I'm posting this here. :) What do you think of this mockup? (Please note that this is a mockup and the actual table is just a placeholder.) Do you have any suggestions? Thank you! Daniel _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability