List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: The configuration levels for KDE
From:       Florian Graessle <holehan () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-02-27 16:19:33

Hi Wladimir,

Wladimir Schaefer wrote On 27.02.2007 16:38 Uhr:
> I have Idea about how to make great KDE configurability:) passable/acceptable
> for all user categories, so, it is nothing new, I suggest to make different
> levels like it is done in XINE, for example 3.
> [...]
> So, what are You think about it?

See http://usability.kde.org/activity/recent/userlevels.php

CONCLUSION:
"User levels do not achieve the intended purpose because users first
have to figure out their expertise. They never get the opportunity to
learn more advanced features. In addition, users of different classes
will end up dealing with "different" user interfaces which leads to
confusion from support lists."

Florian