List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Filemanager and Webbrowser?
From:       Simon =?iso-8859-15?q?R=F6nnqvist?= <simon () iki ! fi>
Date:       2007-02-24 19:35:18

On Saturday 24 February 2007 14:48:17 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Saturday 24 February 2007 08:12, Akos Tompos wrote:
> > 3. Drag n Drop. While it's a great feature in a browser to drop links to
> > a tab and it opens. In a filemanager it's bad. I got two dirs open in
> > two separate tabs. When I want to copy/move a few files to the other I
> > don't want to wait for a sec or two for the tab to activate then drop
> > the file, activate the other tab again. See bug 59790. (It's filed by
> > someone else). It's not an argument against this feature that in a
> > browser it should work this way.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to use a split view for moving/copying files between
> directories?

Yes, at least I do. :-) Maybe this isn't such a major issue compared to the
others mentioned his mail. At least I'd like to put emphasis on the main
problems caused due to Konqueror's dual nature, mixed up web/folder bookmars
as well as mixed up web/folder&file history and such.

Now since someone else but me brought this up, and many other people seemed to
have noticed the same issues (when I brought the subject up here a couple of
months ago, see link to archive in my previous mail)... maybe it'd be time to
make an entry at http://bugs.kde.org
Does anyone know of any already existing entry which brings these kind of
things up? (I'd like to vote on them. :-)

Otherwise we'd need to figure out what suggestions would be the smartest to
make in such an entry, comments anyone? Of course the discussion will then go
on at bugs.kde.org, but anyways it's good to think before writing. :-)

  cheers, Simon