List:       kde-usability
Subject:    What do people think of this proposed feature?
From:       Christopher Layne <clayne () anodized ! com>
Date:       2007-02-11 0:59:17

As we know, alt+Lclick(hold) allows one to drag a window, and alt+Rclick(hold)
click allows one to resize a window. Extremely useful, extremely valued
(to me atleast).

What about the following:

shift+alt+Lclick(hold) allows one to drag a contextual area. Now this I don't
know how useful it would be. I could see it in a similar context of moving
a toolbar created region to another allowed area (think kdevelop tabs).

shift+alt+Rclick(hold) allows one to resize a contextual area. This I could
see as very useful. What I mean by contextual area are for example: frame
or window dividers. AFAIK, one has to currently select the divider itself
and move it horizontally or vertically. I think it would be more efficient
to just shift+alt+Rclick the divided area and allow one to quickly resize
horizontally or vertically depending on how the divided area was setup.

Thoughts?