List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: New KDE-based OS
From:       David Roberts <dvdr18 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-12-26 11:05:10

Hi,

> But some of the goals are rather utopical (at least for the time being),
> such as the Windows and MacOS X compatibility. (Wine isn't all that perfect,
> virtual machines usually work better
Wine may not be perfect, but I think that more distros should be taking it
more seriously as it does do a very good job in a field where running Windows
apps was previously impossible.

> I doubt that there is any need for yet another OS that is based on KDE. I'd
> recommend to join Kubuntu
I'm assuming you're looking for something that other distros don't provide at
the moment (and don't intend to)?

I'm only just beginning to learn KDE programming, so I might not be a great
deal of help in that area, but I may be able to help in some other areas
(once you have a more detailed plan for the project in place).

David_Roberts() {
  www.dav.googlepages.com
  kavenc.sf.net
}