List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Localised folders in /home/user (Documents and Desktop)
From:       Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister () gmx ! net>
Date:       2006-11-23 7:30:21

Hi!

Am Donnerstag, 23. November 2006 08:07 schrieb Kåre Särs:
> FYI. Try this:
> - Create a localized "Desktop" directory
> - Go to kcontrol-> System Administration -> Paths
> - Change the "Desktop path:" to your new localized "Desktop"
>
> When you press Apply you are asked if you want to move the files.
>
> Voila! Your desktop is now the new localized version.

Exactly. But how many users know about this? And why should they have to know,
if they already chose a language during installation? If they wanted to
rename "Documents" to "Documents and other stuff", fair enough, then they
should be required to search for that dialogue, but not in order to have
their folder localised after the first start.

> Firefox does not complain (BUG IMHO) and saves the files in ~/
>
> (I also noticed that the Paths module needs some usability love. When you
> press Cancel on the move question the whole action is not canceled. The
> files are just not moved. Cancel should be replaced with something like "Do
> Not Move")

True.

Sven