List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Localised folders in /home/user (Documents and Desktop)
From:       Kåre_Särs <kare.sars () kolumbus ! fi>
Date:       2006-11-23 7:07:39

> > Yes I do. I am not sure why, but I renamed Desktop in konqueror to
> > Desktop_222 and I can still start Textfiles that were on the desktop
> > before.
>
> Sorry for spamming the list. The above works only once. On renaming
> the "Desktop_222" back to "Desktop" kdesktop notifies the user
> that "/home/user/Desktop" does not exist. Should that not be the other way
> around? :)

Continuing the spamming :)

FYI. Try this:
- Create a localized "Desktop" directory
- Go to kcontrol-> System Administration -> Paths
- Change the "Desktop path:" to your new localized "Desktop"

When you press Apply you are asked if you want to move the files.

Voila! Your desktop is now the new localized version.

Firefox does not complain (BUG IMHO) and saves the files in ~/

(I also noticed that the Paths module needs some usability love. When you
press Cancel on the move question the whole action is not canceled. The files
are just not moved. Cancel should be replaced with something like "Do Not
Move")

/Kåre