List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Localised folders in /home/user (Documents and Desktop)
From:       Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister () gmx ! net>
Date:       2006-11-21 8:45:52

Hi!

Am Dienstag, 21. November 2006 07:24 schrieb David Roberts:
> > make the actual "deskop", and other, folders hidden and create localized
> > symlinks. this has its own problems, but is another approach.
>
> I don't actually see why the desktop folder needs to be visible in $HOME.
> Why not just make it a hidden folder so the user doesn't really need to
> care about what it's called?

I sometimes have the problem that I save files on the Desktop and they somehow
do not show up. Even refreshing it does not help. In those cases I have to
use konqueror to access them or restart KDE. Yet even if that was not the
case anymore, there is still Documents and one needs so see that one for
sure. :)

What about the "variables-solution", is it not feasible?

Sven