List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Drag'n'Go
From:       "Hans Chen" <hanswchen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-11-13 20:47:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Yes they are gestures. There are a Firefox extension that works this way
that you may want to try: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2918/
Yes, it works like mouse gestures. The difference is while you draw a mouse
gesture you can do it anywhere on the screen, and you can draw different
kind of "symbols". When you use Drag'n'Go, you can only draw to a direction
(left, right, up, down) and you "drag" an icon.

> i think it's just like a right-click menu, in a pie from, and you have to
> keep the button pressed. i'd rather have a sidebar, or a transparant overlay
> over the icon itself, giving options you can click. or both, of course.

I think this is a much faster way than a sidebar etc. However, this feature
is much more complicated for a new users. But like mouse gestures, once you
get used to it, I think it'll improve your work speed and reduce
unnecessarily mouse moments.

There is also a certain amount of commitment once a user presses the mouse
> button, thei
> either have to mentally find a "safe" place to release, or commit to an
> action.

True. I think this feature is for more "advanced" users and should, like the
mouse gestures, be disabled by default.

Sorry for making this so unclear with my poor English.

Best regards,
Hans Chen