List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KOrganizer does not have "Save" button
From:       Frans Englich <englich () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-10-20 10:12:18

On Thursday 19 October 2006 19:56, Krzysztof Lichota wrote:
> Chi Shang Cheng napisaƂ(a):
> > Hi Krzysztof,
> >
> > It is clear that you struggle with the fact that KOrganizer does not
> > have a "Save" button. While using the application, you expected
> > something that wasn't there. However, it is unclear whether a lot of
> > users are experiencing the same thing. Although usability experts are
> > trained to discover usability problems, some information need to be
> > obtained by observing real end-users. In other words, your statement can
> > only be proven by experimental data.
>
> Thanks for reply :)
> So, should I start some poll on a forum?

I think a poll on a forum is not representative. I believe it would result in
replies from users who have a strong interest in KDE software and have a
exceptionally large technical insight(some would call them "geeks").

A poll neither tell you what users do and feel. It tells you their opinions
and what they think they do.

(Also, I would critically receive replies. kde-usability is open for anyone,
it isn't screened for people who aren't usablity gods. At least, I'm not an
usability expert, for sure.)

Cheers,

		Frans