List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Openusability about Kmail 1.7
From:       Celeste Lyn Paul <celeste () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-10-11 14:41:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 09:57, Marco Gusy wrote:
> Alle 15:36, mercoledì 11 ottobre 2006, Scott Wheeler ha scritto:
> > To be blunt, this is really just noise.  You're not going to get behavior
> > reverted that was agreed on by the developers and the usability team by
> > bringing it up here.
>
> Sorry for the noise, I just wanted to talk about kmail usability and hear
> others point. I really didn't want to annoy you. I thought Users could talk
> about Usability and contribute in opensource software with ideas, but I was
> probably wrong.

Many of us follow the philosophy that "users are not designers".  We are open
to hear about interface and interaction difficulties you are having, however
often stop short once you start suggesting design alternatives.

The "users are not designers" topic has been covered here before, the archives
could probably give you more background information as to why we feel that
way.

~ C

--
Celeste Lyn Paul