Marco Gusy wrote: > "2.1 Amount of settings - The first step is to reduce the amount of settings > that a “normal” user is confronted with in the properties dialog. Issues that > either require deep technical insight or that is relevant only in 1% of cases > should be kept “out of sight”, but still accessible, or put to another place. > Reducing (required) information to the relevant makes the user feel safer > that he/she can control his /her actions (because he/she only must set what > he/she understands)." > > I don't know if this is a new usability trend, but I think that's generally a > bad idea. Usability, in my opinion, is not "try to hide advanced settings", > but "put the features where someone seek them first". So break a "folder > properties" in pieces and scatter them around the U.I. doesn't make sense to > me. I believe what's being advocated in the quoted paragraph is a form of progressive disclosure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_disclosure -- Regards, Eike Hein, hein@kde.org _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability