List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Personas - which ones to use for fairs/expos installations?
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <friedrich.w.h () kossebau ! de>
Date:       2006-10-04 14:48:29

(Okay, will now split the answer up, let's see what comes through.)
Hi Celeste,

thanks for your reply. :)

Am Montag, 2. Oktober 2006 17:09, schrieb Celeste Lyn Paul:
> Hi Friedrich,
>
> Personas should be developed independently for each use.  Although we have
> been trying to come up with a few "general" KDE users while thinking about
> KDE4, each application is unique.

Aha. But see me wondering: If we "know" what users KDE is targetting why
should we than promote to other types? Why would we have to apply the persona
principle again? Because you see the scope of the visitors limited cmp. to
the scope of computer users in general?

Would it then not simply work to reduce the personas to those coming to the
event? Or would that be totally wrong?

Regards
Friedrich