List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Capitalized names of the user interface parts or views
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-09-01 12:10:16

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 31 August 2006 23:13, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> Hmm, Stephan, we have "text view" versus "Text View" debate.
> This, as well as "Property Editor" are names of a part of the app.
>
> What others think?
> I remember there was already discussion about this last year or so and
> capitalized names were kept here.

I'm not sure how polish works, but in English only names get capitals. And
all words that are separate words are split with a space (both unlike
German)
So if you have a box to put shoes in and you don't suddenly start to write
Shoe Box or even shoebox to make clear its not a normal box.

Sorry, but we are using American English as the strings in code and even
if it is not clear to your eyes it is the standard. As good or as bad as
that.
--
Thomas Zander