List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: reorder windows in taskbar
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-08-29 9:52:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 25 August 2006 22:35, Iņaki wrote:
> > I think it is a really usefull feature. The newest version of firefox
> > has also integrated this feature for the tabs.
>
> And Konqueror, Konsole and more KDE apps have integrated this feature
> since long time.  ;)

Yeah, i saw some people curse over the confusing consequence of not
clicking accurately but starting a drag instead. Or even people that
thought that duplicating a tab would work by dragging one tab's favicon
to another tab. And being really surprised about the results :-)
Not only for people that are not very good with the mouse, also for the
techies that are tired, too fast of just lazy it can cause some
surprises.

I personally think this is a feature that has too many negative effects
while providing an advantage only to a tiny percentage of the users.

User research shows again and again that the only people that care about
altering their environment (tabs, windows but also docking windows etc)
are technical people. Which obviously is not the main target of KDE. Its
also a tiny minority.
--
Thomas Zander