List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Proposal for KAssistant
From:       Matthias Lechner <matthias () lmme ! de>
Date:       2006-08-18 9:40:10

Hi,

I designed a custom widget for the KAssistant class called "KStepList" which
represents the wizard steps in a horizontal view.

As this widget is created from scratch I kindly ask for your opinion,
especially in terms of usability. I have created a mockup of how KAssistant
could look like with KStepList. It's available at
http://www.lmme.de/wizard_mockup.png.

The widget itself can be found at:
http://www.lmme.de/ksteplist.png

KStepList will allow steps to be selected if allowed by the application
developer. At least it will allow to select any previous step and the
following step. A selection screenshot can be found at
http://www.lmme.de/ksteplist1.png.

Best regards
Matthias