List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Kopete Usability Report
From:       Iņaki <ibc2 () euskalnet ! net>
Date:       2006-06-25 19:58:31

Hi, I have tried to do a document about the usability of Kopete in comparison
with the new Windows Live Messenger.

It's the first time I do something like that and it's not a good usability
document, just some notes about Kopete. I'll try to do it better next time.

Abstract
**********
After the study several usability issues were found in the default settings of
Kopete. Windows Live Messenger has an easier and more expected behavior for
new users.
Common functions as "change user photo", "send file" or "use the webcam" are
really difficult to be found by the users who don't expect to find them into
a submenu or into a general configuration window. Those functions should be
easy to access.

The document is here (I hope):

  http://kde-ibc.43i.net/Kopete_Usability_Report.pdf

Note: Is there is any problem with the hosting please tell me, it's the first
time I use this free hosting service.

Note 2: I've done the document with Kword and printed as PDF, but Kword
generates bad PDF's within is not possible to select or look for text (a
bug?).

I'd like to know your opinion before contact Kopete developers.

--
Iņaki