List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KIconDialog++
From:       Dominik Haumann <dhdev () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-06-01 10:33:55

On Thursday 01 June 2006 12:03, Thomas Zander wrote:> As a 3th experienced usability \
person in this thread, I'd like to back> Celeste reasoning here; and I think you are \
making users look too much> like morons :-)>> If users don't even read names, then \
the difference in naming is> irrelevant and you could just as well do without the \
()s> I also think that no user is going to be annoyed or even confused at> seeing an \
icon in more then one category.>> On Thursday 1 June 2006 10:10, andre taulien \
wrote:> > > Nah.  All Icons implies all icons, users understand that, same with> > > \
Recent Icons.  Cross-listing is perfectly fine as long as its done> > > right.  If> \
>> > Sorry, but I think separating those two from the rest makes sense.> > Users \
> > > understand that when they are concentrated, but often users also> > just click \
> > > through the list with out even reading the entry names.> > Imagine late in the \
> > > evening after a long day you are just quickly> > looking for an icon, clicking \
> > > around and some icons seam very close, or> > double... that might be confusing.
I did not follow the thread, but maybe one could draw a light horizontal line under \
the two categories (all icons, recent icons) to separate them from the other ones. \
Greetings,Dominik_______________________________________________kde-usability mailing \