List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KIconDialog++
From:       andre taulien <antx () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-06-01 8:10:02

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 17:34, Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:

> Nah.  All Icons implies all icons, users understand that, same with Recent
> Icons.  Cross-listing is perfectly fine as long as its done right.  If

Sorry, but I think separating those two from the rest makes sense. Users
understand that when they are concentrated, but often users also just click
through the list with out even reading the entry names. Imagine late in the
evening after a long day you are just quickly looking for an icon, clicking
around and some icons seam very close, or double... that might be confusing.

> No parenthesis please.  It breaks the label format, we dont use ( ) in
> labels anywhere else, and there is no clear reason why there are ( ) around
> seemingly logical categories.

A separator line would be just perfect there...

> I also agree with Aaron, Miscellaneous is much better than 'No Category',
> and All and Recent should be fixed to the top of the list.

I agree on that.

ant