List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KIconDialog++
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-31 14:45:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 29 May 2006 18:28, Luke Sandell wrote:
> Hello all. You may remember some months ago when I posted about a new icon
> dialog I was working on. I finally got around to finishing the code and
> posting it. It is at
> http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=35528. The source code is
> there and buildable. If people like it I can work on integrating it into
> KDE 3.5.x and eventually 4.

i haven't had a chance to look at the code yet, but the best way forward would
to integrate this against kde4. 3.5 is closed for such changes now anyways.

some things that lept out at me:

for consistency with "All Icons" it should be "Recent Icons" .. and
perhaps "Recent Icons" should be first (following in step with what was found
during usability testing with koffice that recent items are most often used?)

instead of "No Category" (which means people have to understand that these are
categories and the icons are placed in them) call is "Miscellaneous"?

find someway to get rid of the parens around the All and Recent entries. you
may have to turn automatic sorting off and do it yourself.

otherwise looking better than what's there currently =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Undulate Your Wantonness