List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Color warning for "Search" textbox
From:       Iñaki <ibc2 () euskalnet ! net>
Date:       2006-05-25 20:37:58

El Jueves, 25 de Mayo de 2006 22:06, Celeste Lyn Paul escribió:
> In what cases have you seen the search box get focus accidentally where the
> user didnt realize it had focus?

Many times, and not just me, I know many people using KDE who complain about
the same issue.

For example:

- When I start amaroK the "Search" textbox has the focus, so if I press
unintentionally any key then I write in the textbox and some
song "dissapear". The problem is that just some songs dissapear so I don't
realize of it immediately, and there is not a visual evidence to warn the
user.

- I need to find a contact in Kaddressbook so I write "john" into the "search"
textbox and find "John Williams". Perfect. But after that I minimize
Kaddressbook or go to other virtual desktop.
After 5 minutes I maximize again Kaddressbook and want to see all my contacts
in the category "Family" and is annoying for me because I only see a
few "Family" contacts. This is because I forgot that the last time I typed in
the "Search" textbox so the filter is still active.

Those kind of issues have occured to me many times.

Anyway, in case that somebody doesn't suffer this issue, what is the
inconvenient of my proposal?

--
Iñaki