List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Action Map
From:       "Hans Chen" <hanswchen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-05-23 15:10:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

I like your idea! First, I was a little sceptical, but after I've read your
description and seen your screenshots I have to agree: sometimes, you just
know there is a certain feature (action) in an app, but you just can't find
it! I've felt this way many times when using for instance Microsoft Word.

I like the current look. But what happens if I click/double click on an ite=
in the list?
Also, as you've mentioned, it would be good if it told you how you can
access this action without the Action Map.

I don't like the idea of adding a description column, it'll take too much
width. While descriptions can be very helpful, I think this way to show the=
is wrong. Maybe if you double click on an item, a new window will open wher=
you can read the description. It'll also show how you can access this
action, and let you change the shortcut key. I don't know if this is a good
solution though. (I myself usually hate windows that pops up).

Just a "normal" KDE user's thoughts.
Best regards,
Hans Chen