List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Filter Bar on Bottom?
From:       Sébastien_Laoût <slaout () linux62 ! org>
Date:       2006-05-14 10:36:33

> if the statusbar really doesn't show anything meaningful to the user then
> there is no need for it to be there IMHO.

Well... Go for the statusbar hiding.

> as for the search line, [...]. so this is a bit of a judgement call based on
> how the application is used.

While I'm using the software daily, I'm using the filter perhapse once a week.
I don't have statistics from other users thought :-/

The filtering is handy because the application can handle a lot of data, so it
becomes quickly faster to filter than to scan every notes.

So, I suppose it's enought to keep the filter bar on top.

I will try to shrink the filter text field to its minimum size, as it was
proposed for Amarok.
It will perhapse be visually better.