List:       kde-usability
Subject:    amaroK usability report
From:       "Chi Shang Cheng" <chishangcheng () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-05-01 22:33:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I have conducted a quick heuristic evaluation of amaroK.

Abstract:
After a short heuristic evaluation of Amarok, a total of 41 usability issue=
were found. Only 8 issues of low severity were found, 11 were marked medium=
,
and the remaining 22 issues considered highly severe.
Most of the issues were related to design flaws. The application was not
tested for task-oriented usability. Even though the application functioned
properly from a technical perspective, attention should be given to a more
aesthetic user interface design in the future.

I wished MS Word could handle images better... the spacing isn't correct
here and there, but it's the content that matters. :)

I have tried to upload the report on OpenUsability.org, but it didn't work.
Hopefully, the following URL should work:
http://chishangcheng.googlepages.com/amaroKusabilityreport.pdf
It should be noted that this evaluation was not thorough. I'm planning to d=
some more usability work on amaroK after 1.4 final release. Hopefully, most
issues that I have addressed can be fixed in time for 1.4. :)

Comments are welcome!

Chi Shang