I have conducted a quick heuristic evaluation of amaroK.

Abstract:
After a short heuristic evaluation of Amarok, a total of 41 usability issues were found. Only 8 issues of low severity were found, 11 were marked medium, and the remaining 22 issues considered highly severe.

Most of the issues were related to design flaws. The application was not tested for task-oriented usability. Even though the application functioned properly from a technical perspective, attention should be given to a more aesthetic user interface design in the future.

I wished MS Word could handle images better... the spacing isn't correct here and there, but it's the content that matters. :)

I have tried to upload the report on OpenUsability.org, but it didn't work. Hopefully, the following URL should work: http://chishangcheng.googlepages.com/amaroKusabilityreport.pdf
It should be noted that this evaluation was not thorough. I'm planning to do some more usability work on amaroK after 1.4 final release. Hopefully, most issues that I have addressed can be fixed in time for 1.4. :)

Comments are welcome!

Chi Shang