List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: desktop design idea
From:       Iñaki <ibc2 () euskalnet ! net>
Date:       2006-03-30 0:22:28

El Jueves, 30 de Marzo de 2006 02:03, Tom Hosiawa escribió:
> > But it reduces the space of the screen too because the second panel.
>
> Yes, but only while you're launching an application. Then it auto-hides.

Not many people like "Auto-hide" panels I think.

> > Your proposal is: "the user must learn something before, but after that
> > all will be easier...", and I think that the user simply will want to
> > dedicate NO time learning it because with other systems he had never to
> > learn nothing to launch an app, just look into a menu.
>
> I'm sure when you put a user who never used a computer, that he knows
> right away to click on start, go searching through the menu, click on
> konqeuror to view web pages.
>
> There's always learning involved, I'm not trying to stick to the
> traditional way. How do you innovate with that. Have you seen the
> video for the new look of MS Office 12, their going to make a user
> learn something new and I love their new design.

Yes, I've seen the screenshots of MS Office 12, the new menus are really good,
but IMHO this change doesn't force the users learning something new, there is
no need of learning nothing in the new desing, it's just... better than the
old one and more intuitive.

--
y hasta aquí puedo leer...