List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: The importance of the default configuration / Study Case: Kopete.
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2006-03-15 16:32:29

Le Mercredi 15 Mars 2006 13:30, Yanis Kekatos a écrit :

> 1. Display of offline users
> Recommended Change: The first time the user runs the app all the
> offline contacts are gathered in a group called 'Offline Users'.

1bis : The Icon to toggle the display of offline users is not intuitive
because the magnifier metaphor is used across the KDE desktop for searching

Recommandation : Use the offline icon from KMail

1ter : The icon to toggle the display of groups is not intuitive because the
file metaphor is used across the KDE desktop for files on your hard disk

Recommandation : Use something related to the contact icon from Kontact

1quatuor : The color code of icons could maybe be modified. The main icon is
blue. In the toolbar, you have two yellowish icons for changing your online
status and adding a contact ; contact icons in the chat window are blue.

I would recommend to choose one main color for actions concerning the user and
another one for actions concerning contacts. Yellow and Blue for example

Cheers,
Charles
--
cmiramon@kde-france.org