List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Instant apply and explicit apply in KDE HIG
From:       Scott Wheeler <wheeler () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-03-06 2:08:19

On Sunday 05 March 2006 20:37, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> many/most people are really bad at distinguishing such things, even when
> given some visual indicator. it would have to be really obvious, more than
> just the absence of an apply button and not a text label (who reads those?
> ;)

I wasn't thinking of a label as much as something different with the widget
(and I'm terrible at being creative on such things), but potentially some
different sort of frame or grouping box that's visually distinctive.  The
mixed-modeness there could still be confusing, but I'm not sure that it's
intractable.

-Scott

--
Anyone who has begun to think, places some portion of the world in jeopardy.
-John Dewey