List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KIconDialog Improvement
From:       Luke Sandell <ls65594 () appstate ! edu>
Date:       2006-02-22 11:19:04

Sىbastien Lao�t wrote:> Concerning the kde-look comment concerning the "Browse..." \
button> position, I've got this idea: I really like this layout. It is not as compact \
as mine, but it is much moreusable. A list box also addresses some of the concerns I \
was having abouttwo many categories. I now have the following: (All Icons)(Recent \
Icons)ActionsApplicationsDevicesFilesystemsMIME TypesUncategorizedPersonal <-- drag \
and drop, manually added icons Is this too many categories? I wonder  if I should \
rename "MIME Types" to "File Types" for the benefit of non-technical users? I don't \
really agree very much with the current icon categorization scheme (folders and unix \
device nodes are not "filesystems," and those along with devices are considered \
MimeTypes in KDE), but alas.  I am currently working on DND support, and re-doing the \
interface inDesigner. You should see a 0.2 soon. This is currently against the 3.5 \
                branch, as I haven't built KDE 4 yet.
-Luke Sandell_______________________________________________kde-usability mailing \