List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Application-centric GUI vs. Content-centric GUI.
From:       Iñaki <ibc2 () euskalnet ! net>
Date:       2006-02-16 14:44:48

El Jueves, 16 de Febrero de 2006 09:17, Janne Ojaniemi escribió:
> Interesting, and worth a good discussion IMO :). One question: Your
> suggestion has three columns: types of content, the actual content, and
> preview. Suppose that I click on the "Music"-button to display my music on
> the second column. What would the second column then display? Artists?
> Albums? Individual songs?

Humm, maybe albums? anyway, it could be a small button in the bottom of the
second column to configure it, maybe an icon with a "tool" picture. Pressing
it I could select how to show the music (the same as amaroK does).

> If it displays artists. what happens when I click
> on an artist? Does the contents of the second column get replaced with that
> artists songs/albums? Or does it open an additional column?

Just an idea: when single-click in an "artist" in the second column, the third
colum shows info about that artist and the option like "play all of this
artist", "create audio CD", "copy to... (pendrive, CD)". There could be too a
"tool" small icon in the bottom of the 3th column to configure THIS specific
view.

Double click in an "artist" in the 2nd column could show all the albums of the
artist in the second column. In the top of 2nd column there could appear a
small button "Other artists" (to go back). When pressing in any album the 3th
column could appear again showing the info of the album and similar options
and actions (play, add to playlist, create audio CD, change meta-data...).

Anyway, with audio data all of this is possible (maybe KDE should have its own
audio database, abd amaroK and more big players use it). The problem is when
others kinds of content (video, office, zip files...), it would be very
difficult to catalog them and show them in a content menu/browser/app.

--
y hasta aquí puedo leer...