List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Semantic Icons
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-02-14 17:37:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 13 February 2006 04:17, Eduard Pertíñez i Juncosa wrote:
> It would be great if I could assign a folder an Icon which is a folder and
> then inside my favorite tv station logo, so I clearly say that folder
> contains recorded tv programs.

what makes tons more sense to me than placing icons on folders (aka "emblems")
is allowing folders (and files, for that matter) to be tagged and then using
those tags to figure out what icons to superimpose on the mimetype icons.

there was a summer of code project to do this, but the code never really
reached maturity. it really wouldn't be all that hard to create a tag://
ioslave that did this, actually.

--
Aaron J. Seigo