List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Semantic Icons
From:       Eduard =?iso-8859-1?q?Pert=ED=F1ez_i_Juncosa?= <eduard () pertinez ! net>
Date:       2006-02-13 11:17:23

Just a little thing for analisys.

Lots of times I need semantic icons. Mostly for folders.

We have some: Video folder, audio folder,... and they always are a folder Icon
with a little content icon incrusted into.

Ok, my idea is: Why don't we make it generic? Why can't we choose the folder
and the icon incrusted into as two different things?

It would be great if I could assign a folder an Icon which is a folder and
then inside my favorite tv station logo, so I clearly say that folder
contains recorded tv programs.

I think every SVG folder theme should include an special box place where to
add those Icons (probably two of them).

In a two boxes aproximation we could put actions inside. For example, we could
make an special folder with incoming tv programs (an arrow woud indicate it),
tv programs to record (a red dot close to the tv logo icon?) or programs to
trash folder.

The action little box would be a little like the actually existing soft link
indication.

Thanks,

Eduard Pertíñez
http://www.bredax.com