List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: kde-usability Digest, Vol 35, Issue 5
From:       Risto =?iso-8859-1?q?Saukonp=E4=E4?= <paristo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-02-05 12:47:58

> Message: 7
> Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 04:47:58 +0000
> From: Ian <omega21@gmail.com>
> Subject: Moveable Windows
> To: KDE Usability Project <kde-usability@kde.org>
>
> Hey everyone,
> I used Gnome on my friends computer and found an interesting feature that I
> cant seem to find here in KDE 3.5.0.
> If you hold down a key of choice, you can grab the entire window from any
> point and drag it around. Its very useful,
> especially on laptops. Is this something we could see in 4.x?
> Also, Mac OS can do the (near) same thing, allowing you to grab a window
> when you dont click a text box or other
> item with a click event. You can drag the window around by it's toolbars
> and I love it!

KDE has same thing, default is alt+left mouse button. But what i cant find
from gnome is how to resize window same way than in KDE. Alt+right mouse
button and i can resize side of window where my cursor is. Then one nice
feature is that if i click alt+middle mouse button, it swaps my windows on
that desktop.
few other features are that you can click "maximize" button with Middle
mousebutton or with right mouse button and it does differendt things. You
should try those. For set what happends when you do different things, right
clik window decoration and then select "Window settings" and from there you
can find all these.