List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Network monitor and configuration applet
From:       Joseph Garvin <k04jg02 () kzoo ! edu>
Date:       2005-11-20 19:00:27

I'm running it right now on an Ubuntu box and it works quite well.

But having a configuration wizard would miss the point -- there
shouldn't be a need for one. The whole point of network manager is that
it requires no intervention on the point of the user except to ask
things it absolutely needs, like WEP keys.

Specifying an 'autoretry' interval shouldn't be necessary because the
presence of an available connection is supposed to be determined
automatically. Network manager has 3 options -- Always Search, Search
Only When Disconnected, and Never Search. It defaults to Always Search.