List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Network monitor and configuration applet
From:       Zak Jensen <coolguyzak () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-19 18:42:53

Should the behavior be done on a connection-type basis? For instance,
if it is configured for a broadband connection, then connect
automatically on startup. If it is a connection type that is
pay-per-connection/PPP, then only connect when the user explicitly
asks for it?

If there is something similar to a "internet connection wizard" which
is added to handle the defaults, then I could imagine having a
checkbox right under the "connection type" which says "Connect to the
internet on startup/login".

I definitely support any efforts to combine the different network
connection systems into a single application or configuration, in any
case.