List:       kde-usability
Subject:    World Usability Day -- DC
From:       Celeste Lyn Paul <celeste () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-19 22:35:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello All,

As some of you may know, OpenUsability and a few of our KDE Usability peeps in
Germany are coordinating one of many world-wide events for World Usability
Day on November 3rd (www.usabilitytag.de).

Here in Washington, D.C., the local UPA chapter is holding a mini-conference
complete with speakers, presentations, and a poster session.  I think it
would be great if we could represent the KDE Usability Project in a community
poster there.

My idea for the poster is "Open Usability for an Open Community: The Impact of
Worldwide Usability on KDE".  I think this is a pretty darn good idea (and
pretty catchy) for several reasons.  The KDE usability group is a worldwide
community collaborating to make our software better.  Washington, D.C. is one
of the most multi-national cities in the United States.  We already have
members participating in a UPA event in Germany, so why not add another KDE
city to the mix. :)

Anyway, in order to make this a group community poster, I need your help!  I
would really appreciate it if you could give me a high rez photo (I'm
thinking floating heads), your name and location, a short list or description
of the KDE projects you have worked on in the past year, and maybe a few
lines of what KDE usability means to you.

Unfortunately the chapter only sent this email out today, so I only have a few
weeks to make the poster.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  Help me
reprezent KDE in DC! *cheers*

(I apologize to all of you who are subscribed to multiple lists for the mass
mailing :)

--
Celeste Lyn Paul
KDE Usability