List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KTip
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-07 9:32:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 07 October 2005 10:35, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > Deleting stuff while not providing a better alternative is more then
> > a bit silly IMO.
>
> I am not sure what you mean by better alternative.  If no one actually
> used the application then putting the tips in the help document is
> better.

Oh, there are people using it alright.
I remember the kde-nl team getting emails with spelling corrections.
Taken that not many people who read it actually write an email with the
correction, that says a lot.

More to the point; asking the usability mailing list if the ktip is used
is probably not helpful. Try distros (and I don't mean the free ones) and
people that do big rollouts in hospitals, or in companies. (ibm comes to
mind).

Cheers!
--
Thomas Zander