List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Issues of fade to black effect before screensaver?
From:       Christoph Wiesen <chris () deadhand ! com>
Date:       2005-09-14 19:02:43

Am Mittwoch 14 September 2005 15:12 schrieb Thomas Zander:
> On Tuesday 13 September 2005 18:19, Christoph Wiesen wrote:
> > Am I missing something here usability wise? From all I can tell this
> > should be a good improvement over current behaviour.
>
> All that is missing is a really fast (and working on all machines)
> implementation that does what you want.
> No need to ask the usability people about this; get a technical guy to
> care :)

Oh, I see, there's no usability issues here;the patch in the bug report just
wasn't all that good, then?

Chris Howells stated that it wasn't "silky smooth" but since there were no
further bad comments after the patch at all I wondered what the problem was.

Wrong list than. Do you reckon it would be a good idea to bring this up
somewhere else? Not sure if it's that important, but when I posted here I
though "we have the patch, why isn't it in KDE", you know.

Maybe the screensavers that manipulate the screen could have an additionaly
"nofade" flag. If "only" KDE internal screensavers are affected that might be
ok. Of course we could always ask the GNOME people what they did about
that... ;)

Cheers,
Chris

P.S. hope I didn't scare anyone away with that GNOME comment