List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Tip of the day
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () cirulla ! net>
Date:       2005-09-07 13:43:56

El Miércoles, 7 de Septiembre de 2005 11:56, Ferdinand Gassauer escribió:

> > -Benjamin Meyer
>
> IMHO in the Help menu it should say "useful tips", a popup of a
> (different) message every day is not usefull for users. many even dare to
> uncheck the "show Tips at startup", but they do not read and propable
> need it.

Something that could work, at least for the "general" tip of the day, at
could be to have it embedded in the splash screen. Since the user is
supposed to wait anyway, we could 'entertain' her a little.

I would be more likely to read a tip while waiting for the desktop to load,
than just while I'm in the process of actually using it.

For other applications, it's not so simple.
Applications that have splash screens could do the same, however.

I hope this does will not be an incentive to the use of splash creens,
however...

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro //