List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: User Resources
From:       Laur Ivan <laur.ivan () corvil ! com>
Date:       2005-08-24 8:20:54

Hi there,

maybe I'm babbling... extending the backup idea, I was thinking along the
lines of a "memory stick user". To be more clear, something like: the user
has his/hers home (or settings) on a memory stick and KDE would be able to
authenticate that.

I'm thinking that I've spent lots of time making kde desktop looking the way I
want, everything is nice and tidy; it would be great when travelling and
logging in to my friend's desktop/internet cafe in the US (kde too), to be
able to feel like home.

Off the top of my head I can think of several problems:
- security
- maybe this is better as an "OS feature" than a KDE (although imagine
plugging in an usb stick and the os (KDM) saying: "I've detected a new user
"John Doe". Do you want me to add it to the users list?")

Just some 2c...

Cheers,

Laur