List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Konsole 1.4.2 krippled by default PATH variable
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-08-23 18:41:26

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 17:55, Dave Feustel wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 August 2005 10:37, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> > I think not.  Every time [with Bash]
>
> I have not written a word about bash.
>
> You don't address ksh.

Well, having to use the HP-UX POSIX shell at work (which is basically
identical to ksh which shipped with older HP-UX versions) I can confirm that
~/.profile is the file being read by login shells also in ksh.

And if you go into Konsole's session editor and change the default session to
run 'ksh -' (IIRC) that would force ksh to start a login shell.

Alternatively (and better) would be to change the Xsession script to run as a
login shell and/or source the profile.

What both solutions don't address though is why this wasn't needed with your
previous KDE version. I wonder what change caused this shift in behaviour.
Can you safely rule out anything special to your system?

--
Martijn