List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Menubar on top?  on window?  solution? (was: Re: An idea for
From:       Manuel Amador <rudd-o () amautacorp ! com>
Date:       2005-08-17 6:04:44

I know this thread is dead, but I would like to make a radical
suggestion which I guess would keep the Mac OS menu on top and Windows
menu on app camps content.

Merge the titlebars and menus.

(/me ducks and covers)

[V] File Edit View Edit     Evolution - Mail       [_][^][X]

On the justifications:

- we'd save the space everyone is bitchin about wasting in the title
bars
- we'd comply with Fitt
- put some use for those wasted title bars in maximized windows!
- already dialogs and the like do not have menubars
- bleh!

On the technical feasibility:

This is certainly technically possible, right?  Albeit it would need
some cooperation between KWin and the applications that wish to support
this.

On how it would look:

I have NO idea past my ascii depiction (see above), but it certainly
would be interesting.

How bout that for KDE 4?

--
Manuel Amador                   <rudd-o@amautacorp.com>