List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Search box in "open with..." dialog
From:       Maurizio Colucci <maurizio.colucci () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-08-11 22:03:15

2005/8/11, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@kde.org>:

> yes, this would be a good idea. and no, i don't think you'd need a second
> lineedit. as you type in the lineedit it would narrow the selections in the
> listview below and if you type something that doesn't exist, it just renders
> the list empty =)

Right, but what if you type something that does exist, and it does not
show in the list? For example, currently on my suse 9.3 I don't see
"Dia" in the  list (which is actually a tree, BTW). Apparently, the
.desktop file for Dia was built improperly. So, the only way I can
invoke dia via konqueror is typing "dia" in the lineedit. But if you
change the meaning of the lineedit to "search in the list", and I were
to type "dia", the list would be empty...

Maurizio