List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: Nine things KDE should learn from Mac OS X]
From:       Ian K <omega21 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-08-11 15:13:26

Benjamin Meyer wrote:

>>Really this comes down to changing:
>>

>http://developer.kde.org/documentation/standards/kde/style/toolbar/index.html
>
>Changing:
>"It is not necessary to put every action in the buttonbar.  However, the
>following actions should appear on the buttonbar if your application offers
>them:"
>
>To:
>"Toolbars are useful for giving users immediate access to the most frequently
>used commands.  Applications that are not primarily editors do not need to
>include print, cut, copy, paste, etc.  You want to have seven or less items
>in the toolbar if possible."
>
>Can anyone think of a better way to word it?
>
>-Benjamin Meyer

Im going kind of OT saying this, but it is still relevant to KDE & Mac OS X.
For those users who like OS X and use Baghira and everything to get the
look, well, we miss the eject button picture that pops up. I have my
installation
of KDE set to open the drive when I press the menu button, beside the
windows
key. It would be awesome if we could put the eject symbol in like Mac
does. I
dont know KDE's coding at all, so if all that really has to be done is
put a partly
transparent image 'ontop' of the screen, I would be happy to design that
image.

Tell me what you think!
Ian

["omega21.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]