List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: An idea for KDE4.0-desktop
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () cirulla ! net>
Date:       2005-08-09 9:40:54

El Martes 09 Agosto 2005 10:03, Thomas Zander escribió:
> On Tuesday 9 August 2005 02:32, Lauri Watts wrote:
> > On Tuesday 09 August 2005 01.34, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > i configure my window decos that way as well. close == move mouse
> > > left, anything else == move mouse right.

> > > i tried to get this changed for 3.4 btw, and met with strong
> > > resistance. *sigh* oh well.
> >
> > I'm tempted to say just change it for KDE 4.  It was that way around in
> > KDE 1, and (at least the way I remember it) was changed quite
> > arbitrarily and without discussion (and I among others protested after
> > the fact), but by then we were far into the KDE 2 release schedule.
> > It's still the first thing I change on a fresh desktop.
> >
> > I don't remember seeing the discussion for 3.4, or I'd have been in
> > there fighting for the cause then.
>
> </aol>
>
> I've been using it in the left corner since I started using Guis, because
> I started on the Amiga.  The years that I used Windows machines have been
> the inconsistent ones :)

Hey a fellow Amigan!

Well, I've managed to stay away from Window most of the time, and I too am
in support of the change.

I also have used the "Mac Os like" menubar since it has been available, even
if it is a feature that is often overlooked in the development versions.

It would be nice if it could be agreed a way to have Gnome application
honour this preference too.

Luciano