List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Simplified windowing mode
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <Friedrich.W.H () kossebau ! de>
Date:       2005-08-08 22:10:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Montag, 8. August 2005 17:25, schrieb Lubos Lunak:
>  My current battle plan for KWin for KDE4 is implementing some kind of
> Ion-like splits with tabs. Splits should reduce the need for manual window
> management and tabs probably scale better than virtual desktops. That said,
> that's just a plan, and only my plan.

You will find out that layout management of views and bars should be handed
over from the apps to the window manager. Today's frameworks are simply stuck
somewhere, narrowing themselves to application and windows.

Or: The window manager is an ancient concept. It should be renewed to be a
layout manager.

> I'm open to ideas, and if there's
> anybody feeling like helping with KWin, you're welcome at kwin@kde.org .

I would, if I could. My time is restricted :/

Regards
Friedrich