List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Simplified windowing mode
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2005-08-06 22:29:57

Maurizio Colucci said the following, On 2005-08-06 12:10:

> From Mattias Ettrich http://tinyurl.com/7g2ur:
>
>     Nobody likes to do window management. Wirth was right, although few
>     people believed him when he designed Oberon. Users seem to go a long
>     way to avoid having to adjust a windows position or size manually. This
>     isn't just untrained users, this is everybody.
>
> I agree but, on the other hand, personally I don't like watching the
> world from a tiny window either. This makes me feel claustrophobic.
> That's why I only use maximized window. Heck, even for file-open
> dialogs, the first thing I do is maximize them (and I hate the fact
> that gnome dialogs don't have a maximized button).
 >
 > [cut]

Having this mode is something really really good for persons like me, and I
think I am not alone here. That's a way how I am using GUIs in >99% of the
time. The rest is when I am testing my apps' behaviour by resizing windows :)

Also, the tabbar idea for taskbar would be intuitive.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska / Kexi Team