List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Media Icons
From:       ra1n <pk20it () yahoo ! it>
Date:       2005-07-16 12:29:38

Hello everybody
Since I saw that in the default iconset are included a lot of media
icons, I'm asking why in the media:/ kioslave removable devices (like
memory cards) are always represented by the same pendrive icon.
Shouldn't be the default to show the media with the correct icon type?
What is responsible for this behaviour? (hal? udev? or simply the media
kioslave isn't able to recognize the media type?)
I didn't found proper documentation about this, and since some
distribution are starting to make use of hal+dbus+udev by default I
think that this thing should be properly handled in orderd to help the user

Cheers

Luca