List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: "UNIfication"
From:       Datschge <datschge () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-05-28 10:40:19

On Saturday 28 May 2005 00:57, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> for Yes/No/Cancel order in dialogs, i's a one-liner to change in the code;
> it may even be configurable by this point and if it isn't it would be
> equally trivial.

FYI: It's configurable for complying KDE apps since a little more than a
year[1]. Since KDE 3.3 one can make this change manually by adding
ButtonLayout=1 to the [KDE] section in ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals[2].

Cheers, Datschge

[1] http://lists.kde.org?l=kde-cvs&m=108482543622830
[2] It's however very inconsistently used so far which I guess is the reason
it's not well known nor in popular use. Imho it should become an obligatory
part of the upcoming HIG since as is it's pretty useless.