List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Idea for KDE 4 - global, smooth zoom feature.
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-24 6:10:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 23 May 2005 07:40, Joseph Garvin wrote:
> I think the purpose of the RandR extension

composite, not RandR =) and yes, these sorts of things are what it hopes to
help make possible.

my concern with zooming interfaces is that our information is not that simple
and so may not map cleanly to such a system, and that we'd end up with a
complex combination of "zoomable infinite 2D area" and "windows with
relationships" (the current mechanism, simplified greatly =)

trying to present everything along 2 different metaphores seems to me to be
rather antiproductive.

--
Aaron J. Seigo